Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Changing symptoms?

Hi I was wondering if other people here are experiencing changes in their symptoms. I don't have a diagnosis yet (appt with neuro at the end of April) but the MRI shows multiple herniations in the thoracic area and some cord compression. In the past six months my symptoms have changed quite a bit so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Numbness and pins and needles in hand and foot are now numbness mostly in hand and lower arm and a tired arm, as if I had carried something heavy for a long time. no more pins and needles. Numbness in foot is now on and off but has gone up a bit, to just above the ankle.
Right side symptoms six months ago, now having some minor numbness and tiredness in left hand too
Headaches (severe) are now gone but I get dizzy spells.
New - a feeling of instability in my spine (sometimes when I walk) as if i had a tower of stacked blocks as spine, also o popping sound in my spine which I can't quite tell where it comes from.
My serious back pain seems to have diminished (very grateful for that)

All in all I find this changes weird so I was wondering if they happen to everybody or at least to some people or perhaps if the long wait is getting the better of my nerves and I'm becoming a bit apprehensive.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    with Cervical or Thoracic disc problems. My gut is leaning more towards cervical issues.

• - When you talk about the numbness in your arm and hand that says cervical.
      - When you talk about your headaches, that says cervical
      - When you talk about your feet, I am at a lose about that
    It is not taht uncommon to show different symptoms at different times. So much depends on wher the root of the problem is. Take a look at the Dermatone Map

This may be helpful in isolating where the problem is.

But always remember, we are not medical professionals, so what we are talking about comes from our own experiences and/or research. You should always talk things over with your doctor to get the formal medical review.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com