Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

my throat is so swollen anyone else experience this issue?

HI ,
I am scheduled for a ACDF April 28th
I have neck pain when this all reared its ugly head back in Feb 1st 2014 ( last episode was 2004-5) My throat was so swollen thats why they assumed first it was a tumor or lump in my neck as in cancer but as MRI showed I needed surgery now my throat is swelling bad again in the side of my neck have any of you people ever had this issue?? and after your surgery did it go away?? and should I tell my Neuro ?? I mean it is soo swollen it hard to swallow>>
any thoughts??
Thank You sooo much for your help and time ! :)
ACDF One level C- 4 April 2014
Cervical Spondylosis \ Myelopathy
Chronic pain sufferer since 2005

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    A swollen throat could be serious. People that sometimes have allergic reactions, their throat may swell to the point that they start to choke.

So, if you are feeling this is not right, call your doctor.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thank You Ron ,
    I will call the Neuro today and let him know this as it swelled before then it went down but last night it swelled again and this morning was bad. I can breathe fine its just hard to swallow but I will call him Thanks for your advice Ron :)
    ACDF One level C- 4 April 2014
    Cervical Spondylosis \ Myelopathy
    Chronic pain sufferer since 2005