Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

For those under 18

This is a special post just for you. I'm glad you found us, but sorrier than sorry that you have chronic pain at such a young age. I'm sure I can speak for all of us "seasoned" members when I say that we will do our very best to answer questions, guide you, & all around support you as you go through this journey.

My purpose of writing just to you is to let you know that there are some pediatric pain clinics around who deal only with kids under 18. There are not a lot but there are some. I cannot suggest strongly enough that you talk with your parents & doctors to see if you have one near you. You have some different challenges, especially social, that us "seasoned" folks are long past. The staff that work in a pediatric pain clinic work with nothing but children all day, & have a compassion & level of understanding you might not feel as much in an adult clinic.

My 10-yr-old son has an issue with the growth plate in the bottom of his foot that has caused him unbelievable pain. The good news for him is that this is not going to be with him forever, he will literally outgrow it, but we don't know how long it will take. There really isn't any treatment, all we can do is treat the pain. Advil & Tylenol don't touch his pain, & not even 8 mg of morphine in the ER touched it. The dr's day he shouldn't be in this much pain for this long, & therefore it must be "in his head". Sound familiar?

We are lucky that we live in the Bay Area in California very near one of the best research hospitals in the Country, & the have a pediatric pain clinic. I can't put into words how much better my son felt emotionally after the first appointment, because finally, somebody (besides Mommy) believed him.

This clinic sees kids from all over the world. They even have a house you & your family can live in while you undergo treatment for little to no cost.

Forum rules prohibit me from saying the name of the place, but if you PM me, I will tell you. I'd also be happy to share information via email with your parents. I really think you should think about this, it could be life changing for you.

Sending hugs & prayers that you will find ways to feel better,

We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 04/11/2014 - 6:43 AM
    have a pain management department, for those children who need help with getting pain treated. I did some research into this topic back when it was first brought up and almost every large children's has a program for them......you just need to look for their programs in the large hospitals in urban areas.