Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain lasting more than 2 months

idontcareiidontcare Posts: 1
edited 04/10/2014 - 11:54 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
At the end of January I started having pain in my upper back (between shoulder blades.. kinda, upper thoracic i guess.) The achyness kept getting worse and a couple hours from when it the pain started, I got very sick. Nausea, vomiting, very unusual headaches, fever, and a stiff neck... I was so scared i thought i had meningitis or something. Anyways, I got better but my back pain and headaches didnt go away. When I first started getting the back pain, it felt as if someone was pushing on my back, but now (april) it feels like my spine is just getting smushed.. i know spine compression only happens with older people, but it just feels like it.

I went to the doctors in mid feb. and they told me if the pain didnt get better in a week, I should call an orthopedist.. which I didnt. however, I did go to a chiropractor. She helped my neck pain, but my neck muscles were just tense as a result of the pain in my back.

somethings i noticed over the past few months - [might be anemia related; i take iron supplements i dont think my body absorbs them well.. ]
+achy/stabbing/tingly/sharp back pain, achy most of the time, but there are sudden stabbing feelings that go away as well as bursts of tingly feelings... i cant really describe it, but its like my skin is crawling, but not like a muscle spasm
+swollen lymph nodes in neck and jaw (lasting 4 weeks)
+severe fatigue
+generalized weakness
+excessive back cracking/popping (my back cracks WHENEVER i move or take a deep breath, its always there.... its driving me insane.. i seriously think im started to hear voices and imaginary cracking sounds)
+shortness of breath
+peeling/chipping fingernails, blue tone as base of nail bed(vitamin defiency?)

im a 16 year old female and ive been thinking that i just strained a muscle in my back but ive been taking pain relievers and anti inflammitory over the counter drugs for months and they haven;t been working. the pain gets much worse as the day goes on, but the pain isnt effected on what i do during the day.

im too busy to research anything to find out if its a muscle strain or something... please help me i cant stand it anymore the pain and cracking sound does not go away.. the pain moves a little bit up and down each day. but mostly stays in the upper/mid thoracic region in the middle of my back.

thank you c: (excuse my spelling, im not feeling well at the moment, the symptoms i've listed above are daily.. so i just feel like i have the flu all the time... its probably just the weather)