Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A-MAV Artificial Disc Replacement System and Fusion

9 weeks ago I had a L4/5 disc replacement and S1 fusion. I had a brilliant Surgeon in Melbourne who said the surgery was successful. So after 1 week in hospital and 2 weeks in Rehab I struggled through the first three weeks at home. I think the main problems were getting used to the pain killers which were very strong and then trying to work out a simple course of physiotherapy which could be continued slowly to get me back on track to return to work.
Currently I have stopped all physio for a week to see if it makes a difference to the referred pain which is now down both legs at night and is a mixture of stabbing, throbbing and pins and needles to the extent where I continually wake up and think even though it was successful from a surgeons point of view is this how I will spend the future.
Anyway will get a MRI scan done to make sure there is nothing touching the nerves now for peace of mind and then I think it will be a case of slowly waiting for all the nerve damage to heal . Has anyone else had this operation with the same results?
I am pretty healthy otherwise and wondered if other people are facing the same problems.