Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Past cervical laminoplasty and new low back pain

Hi! I have responded to a couple of posts in the past, at first under a different name, but thought I should introduce myself. I had a C3-C7 laminoplasty in October 2009 due to severe cervical spinal stenosis that was beginning to affect bowel/bladder function. Had a very skilled neurosurgeon who freed the spinal cord but I am left with hyper reflexia and chronic upper back pain. In 2012, I developed new symptoms in my left arm (tingling, numbness, loss of some triceps strength) which was found to be a result of severe foraminal stenosis bilaterally at 2-3 levels in my cervical spine. I see a PM doctor and am currently on a good medicine regime so have put off surgery to correct the stenosis until/if I experience any more weakness in that arm. This winter, I fell on ice in a parking lot, jarred my poor neck (knocked a screw loose literally) and am now having low back pain. It is intermittent, brief, but intense. It occurs if I trip, bump into a door frame, stub my toe, or lean backwards. I spoke to my sister (who is a physiatrist, which is remarkable helpful) and she thinks it may be SI joint pain. I have searched the internet to find someone else who has this particular pain with no luck. So here I am...I hope I can be of help to some with my own surgical/pain experiences and would also love to find someone else who has this weird back pain thing going on. I've been reading here daily for over a year, and decided it was time to join in.