Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

lump in throat

so on 4/17 I had a ACDF c5-c6 ,c6-c7,,how long does the lump in the throat last and is there anything I can do to make it feel better?

L4-L5 microdiscectomy 4/2011

L4-L5 Posterior lumbar interbody fusion 5/2013

C5-C6,,C6-C-7 Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion 4/2014

• Hi Tom: I think your surgeon would tell you that you have to give your body some time to heal before that feeling goes away. I suggest you give him a call if you are uncomfortable.
    2007 TLIF L2-L3 Fusion; 2012 C4 Corpectomy, C3-5 Fusion.
  • I had acdf of just c6 - c7 on 3-19 and I had a very sore throat for about a week and I had the lump for about 2 weeks, I still get a lump once in a while but you get used to it I guess.
  • davrunnerddavrunner Posts: 478
    edited 04/25/2014 - 9:07 AM
    I had the same levels fused along with c4/c5 on Jan 20th. Sore throat and hoarseness lasted only a short while. The feeling of a lump in my throat and issues swallowing soft foods like bread lasted a bit longer. Still get the occasional issue requiring extra fluids to wash down and if a capsule goes down sideways I usually have to cough it back up and try again.
    Have patience, it does take time. If it doesn't appear to be getting better or you have a real difficult time with it call your surgeon they can get you in to a ENT doctor if necessary.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched
  • My acdf was several years ago, C4,5 & 6. I still have some difficulty swallowing, some foods are more difficult than others-meats can be a real problem for me if I'm not careful to cut small pieces, breads can be another issue along with some of the bigger pills. I still have the lump feeling from time to time too. But, the swallowing, after all these years has been the bigger problem-my acdf was in '05. I have been having a few familiar symptoms lately, like tingling fingertips, some headaches, little bit of burning & aching between my shoulders-I heard a few years ago that about 10 years was the limit on the fusion and hardware in the neck, anyone else ever heard of this??