Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

return to working out after L5/S1 fusion

Hey everyone, I'm waiting on the approval for L5/S1 fusion but for the meantime I'm wondering how many of you that have had this procedure and worked out previous to surgery were able to get back to lifting and working out post op and how long it took til you could? I'm 30 and in great physical shape, I workout 6 days a week, my weight is where it should be so I'm hoping this will help in my recovery time and I'm able to get back to it soon after surgery. Thanks,

• i'm in nearly the same state mentally as you. i'm 6 weeks post operation and all i can do is walk. i feel well enough to do pushups and some ad exercises in a plank position but the doctor says no. i don't think you can do anything for at least 3 months. i'm not going to test it b/c i don't ever want to go through this surgery again. if i have to wait, so be it. next year will be about getting back in shape.
  • both before and after surgery...........you can do as much damage doing too much before the surgery as you can alter the outcomes of your surgery after by doing too much....
  • Don't do anything without your doc's ok. The more strictly you adhere to your restrictions, the better your healing will be
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1