Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical DDD in early 20s

Hi all!

I was finally just diagnosed with cervical DDD (C4-C7) after 6-7 months of thinking it was only temporary whiplash from a car accident. The pain in my neck is constantly between a 3 and 7, and I've explored a lot of conservative treatment options (chiropractor, massage therapy, trigger point injections, etc). I'm going to speak with at least one more surgeon to see if surgery makes sense at this point, but I'm concerned that this will start a trend of needing more and more surgeries in my future (I'm 23). Does anyone have any experience with managing DDD around this age? I know I don't qualify as "juvenile" but the idea of having to get epidural injections every few months for... 60-70 years or surgeries every so often seems significant. I've explored all of the articles on this site, but I'm looking for more information (or peers!) regarding having painful DDD in your early 20s.

• Hello,

sorry to bring up an old post but I am also 23 and think I may have DDD in my cervical spine. I was wondering how you are doing? In extremely scared - thanks for any help you can bring.
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    The original poster has not been on the forum since 2014, I will close the discussion as they will not respond.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
This discussion has been closed.