Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cervical disc fusion & pregnancy

Hello, I had a disc fusion c5 & c6 almost four years ago. I still have daily pain and frequent spasms. I take hydrocodone for pain. I just found out I'm pregnant. Not sure how this will affect my pregnancy and the condition of my neck. Anyone out there have any good advice?

• sandisandi Posts: 6,342
    edited 04/29/2014 - 8:38 AM
    The first thing that I would strongly encourage you to do is contact your ob and discuss the medication use with her/him.
    They can tell you what you should do regarding continuing or discontinuing the medication.
    If you don't absolutely need it, I would encourage you not to take it.......babies can be born with problems from the use of opiates during pregnancy that result in their going through withdrawal and it is not pleasant to have to see.
  • @djflores : Hi.. I have just read your question below and noted that your message was on year 2014, it means 2 years ago. How was your pregnancy process ? I had ACDF surgery 2 years ago and plan to get pregnant too and really worry that if the ACFC surgery would have any effect to the pregnancy.
    Any sharing stories from you would be greatly appreciated.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Hello choco....
    As you noted, this is an older post.
    May I please suggest that you start your own discussion re your concerns.
    More members will see you there and be able to share their experiences.
    Thank you.....

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• @Savage : okay, well noted. Thanks for responding :)
This discussion has been closed.