Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

change in pain levels

I've just passed my one year scs anniversary and have recently had an increase in pain. Has anyone who has or had the scs have a change in pain levels? I've had ct scan and xrays to ensure things are mechanically sound, and nothing has changed besides my pain. I am back to using my walker and back up to 100mcg fentynal, these things are heartbreaking after the six great months I experienced.

Any ideas???

• Probably just your body getting used to the pain meds.
  • pandqmamappandqmama Posts: 175
    edited 04/28/2014 - 6:28 AM
    I don't think meds cause change. I was great one day, then turned funny while lifting bag, now like this. Something changed but it has been four months and still not back to where I was. I've been going to pt weekly.
  • It is possible that it is muscular.......and it might be worthwhile having the rep come to see if some programming changes might help to ease some of the low back pain. Unfortunately, scs is not really meant to treat mechanical pain so it might not help but it is worth a try......
  • jerseypipedreamsjjerseypipedreams Posts: 90
    edited 05/01/2014 - 5:00 AM
    I have had a very similar and recent problem like this. I also have a scs. And just like you, everything was good until one weird lift and everything seems to have been agitated. I took acouple days off to relax completely and had my programs adjusted. I am on no pain mess though. Found I have more control of my pain when I'm not on any opioids. If you happen to have DDD there's a good chance you may have compressed one and it's just not enough to really stand out in a scan. Doctors have a tendency to skim over the results rather than study them thoroughly and miss small but important problems. Get ahold of your stimulator representative and take it easy. Hope everything turns out ok.
  • pandqmamappandqmama Posts: 175
    edited 05/09/2014 - 5:53 PM
    No such luck! I guess I am just having to realize whatever happened has now produced a new normal which is a lot less pleasant than where I was five months ago. Very sad considering the great results I had. I do have ddd and have sort of wondered the same thing about a slight adjustment. I also wonder if some of my scar tissue somewhere shifted to an inconvenient location? Thanks for the replies, I've been struggling with my thoughts lately and am glad to know I'm not alone in this daily fight against pain, thoughts and depression.