Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain in left foot and knee - please guide..

I am new to this site, and need some advice please.

I am 36, and I occasionally get inflammation, weakness and discomfort in my left foot (one finger and ankle) and back of the knee - not a constant pain but when it occurs it affects my mood and I start feeling that I cut the finger to relieve the pain...

Also at times I feel inflammation and burning sensation around my private parts especially after bowel movement and ejaculation.

I went to an orthopedic surgeon last week and had my MRI done. The report shows-

- L4 - L5 disc bulge - pinching the nerve
- aggravated by a mild slip of L4 over L5 vertebra hurting the same nerve

Doctor suggested two possible treatments, (a) surgery - which he said is the ideal case for me given the 2 disc issues but it will be a major surgery, or (b) trying epidural steroid injection first to see the results before deciding on surgery. Doctor said inflammation around the private parts could be due to some other issue, so see the results of the steroid and if needed refer to Urology.

Today I was given the epidural steroid injection in the back, and whilst I don't have any pain and inflammation as yet, I feel my left foot and knee a bit heavy and some weakness.

I need some views on the issues I am experiencing, and if anyone else has gone through the same situation and opted for surgery?

Please help.