Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

sudden mid back pain

Hi all,
So I was just standing around doing absulutely nothing outside of normal walking and sitting down and getting up every 20 minutes when suddenly I felt an excruciating pain centralised at my mid back. Like a sudden muscle spasm. It was a chilly 8 degrees that day too and I wasn't covered up all that well so muscle spams was my first guess. I could not properly walk or turn to my side or lean forward or backwards from the pain so I sat down for an hour for it to go away. After that did nothing to help the pain I visited a hospital on the account of possible pneumothorax (had the history about 6 years ago). They found nothing and today has been my 3rd day with this constant pain. I can completely lean forward and backwards no problem. However anything involving me turning to my sides and also a deep breath increases the pain to a perfect 10/10. I also did the hands crossed on the opposite shoulder and well failed that test since I could not turn. I was told by the doctor that it could possibly be the case of vertebrae/disk misalignment.
Can someone please tell me how accurate this is.
I am a 20yo and my job requires me to be seated in front of a computer for upwards of 8+hrs a day so admittedly don't have a really good posture. Pain is around my mid back region exactly equally to the sides of the spine. Turning to one side causes major pain to the muscles of the opposite side of the spine. Getting up from a laying down position in bed also increases the pain.
Thanks a lot