Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi I've has a pain in the top left of my head that for a while was constant (started over a yr ago) and now it comes and goes more. I also get a pain just by my left shoulder blade which can be very painful if I exercise. The thing is, this week I tried some aerobics and my shoulder blade hurt along with my head pain. Then I noticed if I push the pain by my blade, the pain in my head is there. Now I'm no Sherlock Holmes.. but would this be connected? Thanks!

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    edited 05/09/2014 - 8:27 PM

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Hi,
    Have you seen a doctor about this issue? I don't know if there are tests that they can run to find out what is causing her pain or not. I have learned that my muscles connect in ways I never even thought of... For example sometimes when I am getting a massage and a trigger point is pressed I can feel it in another part of my body. Muscles are complicated things. Good luck!
    2000- spinal fusion, complete spine due to scoliosis
    2012- pain began, started treatment for chronic pain
    2013- install of pain pump, procedures to address complications
    2014-blood patch, spinal fluid leak