Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please help diagnosing what my lower back pain might be

Hello, please give me some guidance in diagnosing my pain symptoms. I'm a 35 year old Asian male weighing 165lbs, very active at a body fat of about 10-13%. Last year while playing basketball, what felt like a simple muscle pull or back spasm. had me walkin like the hunchback of notre dame for a week. I could barely get up to go to the bathroom for a week. Needless to say, I was inactive on bed rest for that whole week. I went to the chiropractor for a week to get some relief. During that time it seemed like at one point the pain jus moved one day to my left lower back towards my hip but still in my lower back. Jus to my left a bit. I stopped goin to the chiro shortly after and a year later(a couple weeks ago) while playin basketball again, I felt a sudden pain similar to the one that was severe a year ago, but this time it seemed more of a sharp pull in the centralized area. The result, almost as bad as last time but I was able to make it to work while walkin like the hunchback. So a pain scale of 7/10. I gave myself a week to rest from hyperactivities, but I was doing mild workouts by the 3rd day. The pain I'm describing is like an initial sharp pull or like a flash of pain then my whole back stiffens up if the sharp pain is severely enuf. Sometimes when I stretch i feel that sharp pain like a pinched nerve but I can tell by the pain if it'll get worse or not. Yesterday, I stretched on my inversion table and as I stood upright I felt that same pinched pain, like something moved in my spine but this time it felt good afterwards. Like it adjusted itself. But today,
I feel like the pain is slowly comin back but not sure but I'm pain went from. 6 to a 2 out of 10.

Do you guys think I may have a slipped disc or a herniated disc? Or is this simply a pinched nerve? I bought an inversion table to give it a try thinkin I have a compressed back or even sciatica.
I'm not sure. But I know for sure it is not a muscle pain, it's something on the inside. Thanks in adance.