Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Herniated Disk Healed On Its Own?

Has anyone had a herniated disk heal on its own with conservative treatment? Or maybe know of anyone that has? What was the timeframe?

• but it depends on the size ..........sometimes, they are only minor herniations and they can resolve on their own.....
  • My surgeon said that if its going to heal and its not a severely herniated disc.Recovery will usually between 6-8weeks,but everyone is different.
    Facet joint Arthritis L3,L4,L5,DDD.
  • mykhaanmmykhaan Posts: 2
    edited 05/19/2014 - 6:55 AM
    Hi all,
    I was being through sciatica coz of bulged L5S1 disc. Surgeon asked me for physiotherapy and NSAID and muscle relaxant. I tried for 2 months but could only get temporary relieves from PT and medicines. I was very nervous if I would have to go for surgery and if the surgery will leave me workable or not.
    I realised that human body heals by itself but how long it takes. All the time just the same thoughts. When I found that allopathy has no medicine for curing and surgeon is only waiting for my yes to surgery. Someone told me that I shld try 4 things.
    1. Anti natural moves. Means walking backward when u r free at home. That gives reverse therapy to your muscles n discs. Following PT moves which are anti to your natural moves. But do not challenge your extreme stretch.
    2. Homeopathic medicines, which claim that they need no surgery for sciatica.
    3. A lot of water intake, even before you feel dehydrated or thirsty. Just before and after each physical activity drink some water.
    4. Stop taking oily and sweet foods, as they increase inflammation in your nerves.

I am feeling very good within 2 weeks of practicing these 4 points. If someone need to know the homeopathic medicine names, I can tell him. May God give all of us a healthy and a happy life.