Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Stormy Weather

Here in south Texas, were gonna get some sever thunderstorms..and its gonna be great! there is a little park nearby ime gonna hobble to and shelter, and get some video, hope to get some great lightning shots too!
wish me luck
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I am a MASSIVE weather junkie so this post spoke to my heart lol...

BE SAFE!
    36 yr old with one degenerative disc (L5-S1)
    3 rounds of Epidurals in 2013
    6 PT visits in 2013
    Microdiscectomy L5 S1 on 9/5/2013.
    Re-herniated in January 2014.
    Epidural on 3/3/14.
    A/PLIF (L5-S1) 6/3/14
  • I love a good storm, just not tornado warnings and sirens going off blarring, telling us to seek shelter NOW, which we have had a few of the last couple of days. Expecting more of the same tomorrow and Wednesday. Enjoy the storm, Ranch, be safe & good luck on the storm chasing and good weather shots :-)
  • Doesn't it kill you the barometric pressure before the storm. Love storms too - just hate the lead up before it rains. Hope the shelter isn't metal Ranchhand ,or you could go in a strike of lightening. Just remember rubber soled shoes my friend! What sorta camera do you have? I've got an Olympus Pen - Lightest SLR I could find. Holding my arms above my shoulder and keeping them still, does my head in. Hope you've got a tripod.

Nearly as good as riding a motorbike through a storm or at the end when it is deadly calm, early in the morning when everything is quiet and the birds are finding their homes again. The rainbow is still there. That's pretty magic. Good shooting.
  • Don't get anything like that in England !Enjoy!
    Just constant rain everyday!! even in the summer LOL
    Facet joint Arthritis L3,L4,L5,DDD.
  • taren
    earthquake tornado earthquake tornado earthquake tornado? decisions decisions. i have never been in a tornado but plenty of earthquakes including the 7.1 in 1989. i was about 20 miles from the epicenter on that one. shake rattle and losts of roll
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • You will shake, rattle & roll during a tonado too. I was doing just THAT Saturday,(including almost peeing my pants) when we were issued a tornado warning. The sirens that blare are heart stopping, to say the least. It got very dark, wind was strong w/rain & hail. In the end one never touched down, but we have chances of strong t-storms & possible tornado's today & tomorrow though.

Earthquakes?? Well, I have experienced more like after shocks with those. They are very scary as well. We live over the New Madrid Fault Line, they predict a major earthquake here in the coming years. There was a major one here, I believe, in the early 1800's. I think the biggest recorded earthquake ever was in Alaska around a 9.?, in the 1960's or thereabout.

I honestly, believe if I had to choose which one I would rather take my chances in, I would choose a tornado. I think my chances of survival would be higher. I have survived a couple of the smaller scaled tornado's F-0's (40-70mph winds). You may not think it but wind that is blowing 70 mph is a very frightening experience. You don't want to be out in it, it is impossible to even stand up & you cant run either. You just have to ride them out in your basement, pray & hope for the best. I could not imagine being in an F-1 or higher, after experiencing a couple of F-0's.

Jon, that earthquake you were in in "89", I remember it. I was about 20 years old & remember seeing all the damage on tv. I remember bridges that had collapsed, cars going over them as they collapsed, homes that were demolished. God almighty, you were close, weren't you?? Like, I said I have felt more like aftershocks, I can only imagine what you must of felt being so close to the epicenter of that one!! Where were you when it happened? The last tremor I felt was 2 yrs ago, it was the strongest one I have ever felt-it is a very weird feeling, to feel the earth move underneath you!!!

Speaking of weather related events and such--what is your take on all the sink holes that keep happening in different areas?? What do you think is causing that? To me that is scary to see, you never know if, maybe, you are living over one. There was a man a couple years ago, in Florida I think, he was sleeping and his house fell into one. They tried to get him out but I don't think they ever did. Wow, he was probably buried alive!! Did you see the huge sink hole at the KY Corvette Museum in Bowling Green that destroyed 8 of the corvettes there??

I guess Mother Nature really is in charge
  • i was lying down on the couch and i was up and out the door and down the steps in about 5 seconds. it was not only the earthquake but the aftershocks which came every 30 minutes or so and were a 5-6. it settled down after about a week but instead of a aftershock every 30 minutes, they came about every 6 hours or so for about another 2-3 months. we were lucky, we had all of our electricity and water. some parts of the area did not. then about a year later we had a cluster of quakes that were about 4-5 that lasted for about 4 hours. they were every minute or so apart. things have quieted down lately and i have not felt one for a while now, hope i dont jinx myself.
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • Jon, I can't even imagine all that. I'm pretty sure now that I would rather take my chances with a tornado (mild one, howerver) You were up and out the door in about 5 seconds, but where did you go or what did you do at that point? It's a weird feeling to feel the earth moving, all of what I have felt has been mild.

I hope neither of us have jinxed ourselves by talking about this..btw, it's looking very dark and stormy here, we have something on the way. Just saw on the news that storms are a couple counties south of me. They are getting strong thunderstorms w/strong winds. I guess somehow we r just gonna have to find something to hold on to or get under until this stormy spring is over with.

Speaking of wicked spring weather, I just saw on the news that you guys in California are suffering through a spring heatwave!!! :-(

Ranch, did you get any cool storm pictures last night??
  • 97 degrees and snowing surfs up i wish i could. the ole goofy footer would show those young guys how it is done.
    the dude\
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Sorry Jon, had to do this, I owe you one from before…..;-) lol
    All I wanted to say is "dream on broomstick cowboy."
    I knew you would have a sense of humor.
    Take care,
  • the barometer had me aching all night, then finally around 04:30 local time, the little pitter patter of rain foreshadowed the rain wrapped lightening..looked like strobes in fog.. got some vids on my camera, 1080 and all, and it was for naught..well, not so bad, we got round 2 inches of much needed water! the approaching storm wasn't much to see, so i didn't go to the park, there is an open gazebo there made of wood, and would be a stable platform for my JVC .. although the aluminium tripod might be iffy!
    well i live on the coast and along the waterfront the skyline will make a great backdrop,... there is a set of jettys out into the bay where it would look awsome to see a westering storm approaching
    next time..ohh yes, next time
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• ranger
    you got me ha ha. good one
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    edited 05/14/2014 - 2:12 AM
    but it is good to still dream and set goals, I am guilty of the same.
    glad you still have your sense of humor, I think laughter is still good medicine for us all.
    Take care,
  • naildriver93nnaildriver93 Posts: 35
    edited 07/31/2014 - 12:34 PM
    live in missouri and yes they say we are due for the next big one. in 1812 ,new madrid went off with a bang ,went as far as tearing through the riverbed and relocating land. theres apiece of land now that is still missouri, only it was relocated on the kentucky side of the river."piece of missouri you cant get to by way of missouri"it changed the way the river in whole, moved through that area.when it went off in 1812 they say it rung the liberty bell in new england,"wow", now thats some power and they say when it goes agian it will travel right up the mississippi then up the the missouri,"i think of all the tall bldgs. in st louis"lets just hope it doesnt go off any time soon
  • supposed to get storms ALL weekend!
    we shall see if ime up all night again. and another expedition to the gazebo planned
    charging up my cameras
    i figured out how to do HDR somewhat with my laptop!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Rainy days and T-Storms in the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have plenty of footage!

Sending some healing vibes your way, ALL!
    4 Level (C5-T2) Posterior Instrumented Fusion w/ Decompression (Car Accident in January 2014)
    And I can't forget that I'm not ashamed, to be the person that I am today.
  • Well, lots o thunder hidden in the cloud cover..a few miles from here..DAAAANG! i must be the man who repels rain or something..well, we got a chance all weekend, maybe some night shots?
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health