Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

financial issues with WC

terror8396tterror8396 Posts: 1,831
edited 05/15/2014 - 4:41 AM in Chronic Pain
Just for your information, this is why i get upset at WC fraud in the workplace. this shows the financial problems associated with fraud. we all lose when people claim they are hurt on the job and try to get WC. it is amazing all of the financial problems that happen to all of us. this is one reason i get upset with the scams going on along with the misuse of narcotics. the honest people are the ones who are negatively affected by the ones who are looking for drugs or for getting out of work. it affects all of us where it hurts, in the pocket book and also when we go to a pain doctor and they do not treat people effectively due to their problems with the DEA.
jon

We all pay a price for workers comp fraud.

Higher premiums. Businesses pay higher workers comp premiums because insurers pass the high costs of fraud onto their policyholders. Often the premium increases are large and very damaging - especially for smaller businesses that can least afford higher premiums.

Higher prices. Consumers pay higher prices for goods and services when businesses pass their higher premium costs onto customers.

Lost jobs. Workers lose jobs because businesses often must reduce their workforce, move to another state, or even go bankrupt because of higher premiums.

Lost pay. Business owners freeze or reduce worker pay as they try to offset the often sharply higher cost of premiums.

Endangered workers. Workers can find their health, safety and life savings threatened. They could have a serious work injury but no coverage because their employer illegally avoids buying insurance.

Weakened businesses. Higher workers comp premiums depress a firm's income, lower employee productivity, and force some companies to go out of business. Honest businesses also find it harder to compete against dishonest firms that lower costs by illegally avoiding workers comp premiums.

Taxpayer ripoff. Some workers comp programs are government-run. Thus they're supported by tax dollars. This means your tax dollars are being stolen — hundreds of millions a year.

Workers work harder. Guess who takes up the slack when a fellow worker leaves the job with a fake injury? Fellow workers, who may have to pull extra duty.

Edited to remove duplicated section of post
I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
advertisement

Comments