Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Foot Pain... Related to Fusion?

• I had a fusion on Jan 14th 2014, for L5 S 1. I am post op, just over 4 months, as recovery goes i was doing ok, put i still had a bit nerve pain near my tailbone , it stabs oouch!....and sciatica, it has come back worse in the last 3 weeks with avengeance! because i was starting to have really good days, I had x rays yesterday, I took the pictures into my surgeon today, and he said everything looks good and i am fusing, but he was concerned that i am still in pain, so i am having a mri next Thursday, he's seems to think that maybe a bone spur is causing my continued nerve pain.... I'm at a loss because I have just gone downhill also, I know recovery takes a long time, but he thought by nearly 5 months I should be doing a lot better. My surgeon said if he does see a bone spur I will have to go under the knife again, but then again pictures could show nothing....so hopefully I am just still in the healing phase and the nerve pain will go away in time......Jenn also I can't sit for long and walking hurts, I was walking fine prior 3 weeks ago. I would definety go and see your surgeon if you don't improve, I do hope you are doing better.keep me posted would love to know how you go ! Hopefully we come good!!!!

Tlif L5S1 fusion on the 14th Jan 2014
  • I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing that we seem to be in the same boat! I blame my increasing problems on that stupid stomach bug. Today is my last day off of work so I am nervous about returning Monday! The sciatica I had been having in my right leg has not been bad, here and there but not constant, PTL on that!

I just got off the phone and have an appointment to see my PCP today, so hopefully she will have some insight. Last night I took my walk and stuff and it hurt the entire time and then when I got up to go to bed it was my heel, the side of my foot and the side of my lower leg a bit. Ey yi yi!

Good luck to you and the bone spur! When do you get your MRI?? I will be thinking of you, let me know how it goes.
  • Oh thats great , you are seeing someone today. I will keep you in my thoughts, and hopefully they can get to the bottom of it.I am off to have my 4th accupunure session soon, just for the benefit of helping the healing process.! Yes ,we are in similar boats. But I Wish it was a cruise ship
    thou!! And this was behind us. I hope I don't need more surgery to soon to the last one EEK. . I am having my mri next Thursday, and off too the surgeon again a week later........

Goodluck today Jenn. Keep me posted

Tlif L5S1 fusion on the 14th Jan 2014
  • JennFuseL4S1JJennFuseL4S1 Posts: 38
    edited 05/30/2014 - 3:56 PM
    Thank you for your concern :-). My doc thinks it is plantar faciitis but my therapist said he does not think that is the cause. I guess I will wait and see if it goes away with the exercises she gave me. Good luck with your appointments! Let me know what they say.

I too wish this was a cruise ship, but I do feel MUCH better than before surgery even with whatever new issues I am having now. Compared to the weeks and months before surgery, I am on a cruise :-)