Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Medial Nerve Block

stenosisRosesstenosisRose Posts: 489
edited 06/01/2014 - 7:00 AM in Pain Management
Hi gang
Stenosis Rose here and its almost 9 months post op
Special greetings to my August Surgery Buddies all
And I had my first (and probably last) medial.nerve block injection
I know its just a "test" to see if I would be a candidate for Radiotherapy ablation of the branch of nerves
BUT I FAILED THE TEST
had some relief from pain for about 10 minutes, but then BAM!!!! Pain sudden and severe
Oh well, back to the drawing board
How's everyone?
Hugs and hershey kisses
Rose

Anyone have this test or the follow-up Ablation done?
advertisement

Comments

• susabellssusabell Illinois Posts: 241
    I have had a Medial branch block and I had relief for 4 days. I felt Great but them Boom pain came back with a vengeance. I've had 2 radio frequency ablation a and the first one did nothing to help my pain, the second one I had done by a different pain dr. I had Horners Syndrome for a few days and my left hand was on fire for months, I had to have a compounding pharmacy make a cream to put on my hand to ease the burning. I will NEVER do that procedure again.

Just my experience I believe it comes down to the Dr's skill with this procedure. It's nice to here from you! Gramma of 9 has been concerned about you because you haven't been on here much. She has not been on here much either.

Let us know how this procedure works out, take care

Susabell
    ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
  • Yikes
    I am in so much more pain since my medial.block injection on Friday
    Burning in butt and both calves
    What a crummy procedure!!!!! I had such hopes for a good result
    I wish I never had it
    Hugs to you both
    Rose