Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

almost 1 year since ACDF

This time last year, I was a painful mess. Ice packs and pain medication helped me get through the end of the school year.
I'm thankful I had a great surgeon who had lots of experience doing this type of surgery (although I kept reminding him that it was MY FIRST.) Super encouraging PT and all the advice I received here helped me through the healing process. Now I'm looking forward to traveling to Germany to see my newest grandson. Did fall on the ice during the winter and scarred myself, but a few warm packs along with some PT visits got me back on track. Year follow up appointment with spine surgeon when I get back in July.

• You posted this. It will help everyone on this forum, amazing what I year can do! In the healing recovery.. Have a wonderful time in Europe and enjoy your little grandson with your new found Zest for Life!

Tlif L5S1 fusion on the 14th Jan 2014
  • Thank you for your encouraging post. Too often, the only people that seem to post about their spinal surgeries are those with a bad outcome. I am eight-weeks post-op today from a C5/C6 ACDF. I have had numerous ups and downs during that time, had symptoms melt away only to return, scared myself by not thinking and doing too much, etc. At my most recent follow-up appointment, I learned the fusion process is nearly complete (already!) and I do not need to return. My husband and I requested a referral for physical therapy, which was granted. I start in a little under two weeks. Right now, everything is still all jumbled up -- my neck is stiff and the muscles in the entire neck/upper back area are achy. My nerves exhibit signs of regenerating, but as I said, I'll have symptoms (i.e. pain, numbness) go away, only to return. I try to remind myself that is all normal and temporary and everything will work out well in the end. Posts like yours help me to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you again.
  • I am scheduled to have ACDF on C5-6 in August. I've had bad neck pain for years but it really ramped up with nerve pain six months ago. I was at first debating whether to have the surgery, but now I'm at the point where i'm counting the days. The pain and headaches are really wearing on me. I hope you continue to improve. Thank you for posting your progress .