For about 5 weeks now, I have had the following symptoms/conditions:
1. Pain at and behind the left shoulder blade - Unable to lay on either side without sharp pain.
2. Numbness and tingling down entire left arm - sitting on hard surfaces or edge of chair aggrivates symptom
3. Left side Lat muscle and tricep muscle chronically sore...like after workout sore
4. Skin on back of left arm (tricep area) very sensitive to touch
5. Significant loss in strength on left side.
Pain was substantially worse 3-5 weeks ago...wasn't able to sleep at all unless on my back with left arm raised over my head. Went to the chiropractor and he said that it was a herniated disc in my neck...Primary care said it's a severely strained or torn Scapularis muscle. Both prescribed muscle relaxer and prescription Aleve, and Voltaren gel. None of this has helped...pain is not as severe, but all symptoms are the same. I don't know if I have just become accustomed to the pain...but still causing sleep issues, fatigue, and irritability.
I am a body builder/weight lifter...noticed first sign of symptoms after doing rear delt flies....went to the gym yesterday for the first time in 5 weeks...I normally move a substantial amount of weight...but noticed on my left side that I'm only about 20% of what I can use on my right side.....any suggestions as to what this might be...I'm getting very distraught as this is not getting better.