Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Study of lesion in thoracic spine

My 2 cervical MRI reports say I have a 9-mm lesion at T2 and recommends a CT scan to study it. However, my thoracic MRI report doesn't even mention the existence of this lesion.

My neurosurgeon is following the recommendation and wants to have a CT scan done to take a closer look. But I've already have two CT before and am concerned of the negative effect of radiation.

A different doctor says MRI is good enough, or actually better than CT, to study the lesion. The CT is not necessary and is more a tool for the hospital to generate revenue.. Since he isn't the treating physician, I cannot ask him to do anything about it. Is there a way for me to ask a radiologist to look at all my three MRI images and determine whether the lesion is at a safe location?

• independant review of the images with another radiologist. You may have to pay out of pocket for it, but you can certainly request another radiologist to look at the images.
  • although it's not that easy. I've called 4 or 5 hospitals and asked their radiologists would review my MRIs. The answer is no. One large hospital says it's possible. But I would need to see their doctor first and then get an order from this doctor.