Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI resultsI had an MRI

I had an MRI done 2 weeks ago but don't meet with the Orthopedic for another 2 weeks. I have the results and would like it if someone can read them back to me in lemans terms. I've had 3 previous back surgeries.

History back pain radiating down left leg. Prior spinal fusion

Findings The patient had had previous lumbar spine fusion of L4-5. There are Modic type 2 degenerative endplate changes at L4-5. There is an intervertebral space at L4-5. The boney spinal canal overall is congenitally small. There are mild degenerative changes of the disc spaces L2-3, L3-4, L4-5, and L5-S1.

L1-2 The thecal sac and neural foramina are intact. There is mild facet and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy.

L2-3 There is a broad-based disc protrusion with annular fissure measuring 3mm. The thecal sac measures 7.7mm. There is no significant narrowing of the neural foramina.

L3-4 There is minimum disc bulge. There is mild facet and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy. The thecal sac is not stenotic. There is mild narrowing of the neural foramina.

L4-5 There has been prior surgery. The thecal sac is not stenotic. there mild narrowing of the left neural foramina greater than the right.

L5-S1 The S1 nerve root is intact. The thecal sac measures 7mm. There is no significant narrowing of the neural foramina.

1 Prior lumbar fusion at L4-5. Disc and osteophytes result in mild narrowing of the neural foramina at several levels as discussed above. There is mild stenosis of the thecal sac at L2-3 where there is a small disc protrusion with annular fissure.
2 lesion in the right iliac crest that is nonspecific and of certain etiology. Correlate with surgical history. CT could further evaluate if clinically indicated.