Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello! new member

Hello all,

I came across this site, and began browsing. I'm really glad I did, because I can tell that there are people who have/are going through the same things I am.

For just over a month I've been suffering from sciatica(S1/L5) is what they say. I just got approved for an MRI next week to find out for sure. My symptoms are only on my right side from buttock to foot. The little toe/ball of foot, outside edge and heel of right foot have been "numb" or "half asleep". Back of right thigh also has partial numbness
, burning, pain, etc.

I've been going to physical therapy, and the back extensions and stretches have been helping. Which has really helped with my attitude.

The main reason I'm posting up is that the last 2 days, my symptoms have changed. Where before I has a numb feeling on the back of my thigh and foot, now, especially when I stand, the areas of my leg that used to be "half asleep/numb" now feel the sharp pins and needles, like when your foot is "waking up". But it hasn't stopped, or "woken" up. I am having trouble doing my extensions, even just lying on my stomach wakes up the back of my leg and foot to the sharp tingles. Doing my back extensions also wake up the leg and the tingles increase the pain.

I want to think that this is a step in the right direction from the numbness, but my pain level on meds has gone from a 2-4, to a 7-4. This is when I'm on my meds(1-2 tramadol every 4-6hrs, 1 flexaril 3x day, gabapentin 3x day, amiltriptiline 1x day, ibuprofen 3x day).

Has anyone experienced this sort of change through stretching? Since the pain increase, I've had trouble finding comfort in any poisition other than on my back with legs up, sitting position but laying down.

I can stretch through the pain, if I know its the right thing to do. I honestly can't tell if the sensations are centralizing like I've heard they should, but it the symptoms definitely are different then they have been.

Thanks for any insight, just reading everyone's experiences helps me know that I'm not alone in this. Which is huge.