Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Cord Stimulator

LC84LLC84 Posts: 599
edited 06/10/2014 - 5:36 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
My Pain Management Dr is recommending I get a Neurostimulator implant. I know everyone responds differently to this treatment but I'm interested in hearing about personal experiences. It's being recommended for my low back and nerve pain. I recently found out that I'm chalked full of scar tissue that's causing problems in addition to my previous diagnosis. I know only I can make this decision but any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
LC
Progressive DDD
Osteoarthritis
Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
Discectomy L5-S1 2002
Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014
advertisement

Comments

• Sending you tons of hapless optimism! ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • RTgirl2011RRTgirl2011 Posts: 512
    edited 06/09/2014 - 5:13 PM
    I had a permanent implant placed in February of this year. It works well for my leg pain. Does nothing for my low back pain, plus I can feel up into my ribs on my right side. The trial worked a lot better for low back pain.
    Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.
  • I had one but it did not work for me. All it did was tingle on top of my pain. It does not work for everyone. But you will get a chance to decide for yourself during your trial. Best of luck with your trial. I hope it is a huge success.

Hugssssss
    Patsy W
  • LC84LLC84 Posts: 599
    edited 06/10/2014 - 3:08 AM
    Thanks for the responses. I'm concerned about recovery time if the trial works and I go for the permanent implant. I was supposed to return to work but it looks like a 6-8 week recovery for physically demanding jobs like mine. It also makes me nervous because the spinal cord is involved. I have a lot of thinking to do.
    Progressive DDD
    Osteoarthritis
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
  • I moved this thread to the Spinal Cord stimulation forum for you to get more responses. At the top of the forum are several links regarding information about the trial, the benefits and risks, and you can ask and get answers from others with the unit better here.
  • I had an implant less than two weeks ago. I am back at work and it is working great for me. I was told you could possibly resume some activity around 3 weeks if you are younger, but the doctor will most likely want 6 weeks (that is what they tell me). I don't do physically demanding work, so they haven't been too worried about me as long as I don't bend, lift, or twist too much.

I get reprogrammed tomorrow.
    Murraytscan@yahoo.com
    L4-L5 fused at birth (congenital malformity). L-5-S1 bulge/degeneration, L3-L4 bulge/degeneration. Permanent nerve damage L5-S1 and L3-L4. Fused C5-C7.
  • Thanks Sandi! And murraymr I'm glad to hear it's working well for you. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Progressive DDD
    Osteoarthritis
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
advertisement