Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am a chronic pain sufferer and go to pain management (5years). I also get laser treatment, physical therapy, chiropractic adjustments. I have tried it all. Basically I try to just meds and stretching exercises.

My problem is what to do about transportation. I cannot work. I am trying to get disability. In Georgia I am not supposed to drive on my meds. I don't understand what I am supposed to do about getting around. I live in rural area with no bus or taxi service. Why is there not a level for prescription meds. I have tests that show I take my meds as directed. Anyone else have this problem? I am 57 years old male.

Greg Wardlaw

• Welcome to Spine Health...........http://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/welcome-message-resource

Unfortunately, you are facing the same issues that all of us with chronic pain are faced with, what do we do regarding transportation and the use of pain medications. The reality is that many of the population are faced with the same dilemma, when it comes to medications, not just opiates. There are many other types of meds that can cause drowsiness or dizziness, or other muscular impairment and we are faced with having to make the decision to drive or not.
    Almost all areas of our country have some form of public transportation, so there must be a taxi service somewhere near you.....friends, family, neighbor's......your local county may have some transportation resources listed on their website for those without vehicles.
    It becomes a personal decision, a calculated risk that we all must make for ourselves, knowing what the laws are for your particular area of the country. And knowing if you are too impaired to drive or operate a vehicle.
    There are many, many threads regarding this very topic, so if you use the search box at the top of the page, you will find links to the various threads........driving and pain management is one phrase you can use to search.