Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

permanent morphine pump

specialksmamasspecialksmama Posts: 14
edited 06/13/2014 - 7:09 AM in Pain Management
I am so glad I found this website. I am having chronic back pain and have been having these issues since 2006. The pain starts between my shoulder blades and goes to my tailbone. I recently found out that my spine is turning between my shoulder blades and also at my T11-12 and L1-2 and L3-4. They are all collapsing onto each other from the top to the bottom. I've gone through years of shots and therapy!! I've also been on pain meds for yrs. In Aug of 2012 I had anoanother MRI done and they found a cancer spot on my left kidney that was successfully removed and the cancer is gone, Thank God!! I had 3 other surgeries on my stomach, prior to the kidney surgery, for colon issues. I've been through alot!! The dr that's trying to control my pain is offering for me to have the permanent morphine pump implanted. I have to do something. The pain that I'm in is interfering with my everyday life. I can't go to the grocery store bcuz after I get up and down a couple isles I have to sit down. I am only 52 (female) and as much as I don't want to I think the morphine pump is my last option. I have done all the research on it so I know the good and bad about it. Is there anyone else who has been through this that can help me with my decision? I would really appreciate some feedback!! Thank you so much for any help!

• welcome to Spine Health........if you check this forum, there are several recent threads regarding the implanted pain pump.....
  • ther457ther457 Posts: 1
    edited 06/24/2014 - 8:31 PM
    There are other treatment you can try. Seek a second opinion if surgery is recommended.

Link removed, solicitation not permitted.Please read the Forum rules
    Post Edited by Liz The Spine-Health Moderator Team
  • sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 06/25/2014 - 4:42 AM
    You can also use the pm feature and send a pm to PatWhite101..........she has a pump implanted, and she still comes to the forums . She has done wonderfully with hers and she is so helpful when it comes to the pump.
  • Thank you Sandi. How do I get ahold of her so I can ask her some questions?
  • and just type her user name into the bar at the top and the rest of the message in the box below....
    Your pm feature is located on the left hand side of the page, under account tools.
    Her user name is PatWhite101
  • Hugsss to you Sandi. Yes I am here once in a while. I am having trouble with my right shoulder making it difficult for me to type on my comp.Specialksmama I will try to answer any questions you have about a PP. I have had my PP almost 5 years now and it covers almost all the pain I have in my feet and legs. It has saved my life!! I have Diladuid in mine which is a bit stronger than morphine. I have the largest pump and it does protrude a bit but that is no problem for me. When I wear slacks I just wear my shirt out so no one sees my pump. It soes take time tto get to the level where it covers almost all your pain so please be patient with your Pump. Doctors like to give very small increases....well most do.
    You may PM me with any questions you may have and I will do my best to answer you.

Cheers to all
    Patsy W
  • sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 06/26/2014 - 5:26 PM
    I'm sorry that you are having trouble with your shoulder. I had mine reconstructed some years ago and that was right up there pain wise , next to my fusion surgery....OUCH. Did you hurt it in an accident? Or fall?
    I am so glad to see you still here.......I refer everyone to you, as our resident pump authority.....and am really glad that it is still working for you as well as it did after it was implanted.......that's great news.
    I hope your shoulder is better soon .
    Hugs, right back at you.,