Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello I'm new. Just got MRI results

Hello my name is Sonya. I am 33 years old. I have been in pain since I was 15. I was a gymnast. I started having back pain and migraines at 15. At 18 to 21 I went in the Army and continued with the pain (prob made it worse). I have been in a few car wrecks my last one Aug 30, 2011 when a teenager rammed my mail car. I have been carrying the mail for 7 years. I have had three doctors to tell me to quit my job. My neck MRI from the 2011 wreck showed I have a bone spur in my neck. I have been diagnosed with osteroarthritis. I take imitrex, difloconec, and flexiril for years. I use ice and heat daily on my neck and back and head. I am in severe pain and have been for many years. However, I have noticed I am in more pain since this last wreck.
Two years ago for my back MRI after the wreck showed I had mild degenerative disk disease. Twenty months later I had another MRI and just got he results through the mail. I am not sure how concerned I should be. I have read it can cause people to be wheel chair bound . I am wondering if I should really think about giving up my career to something less physical and get a smaller house and yard to take care of. I am not sure how fast this can progress but for me in twenty months I have seemed to gone downhill fast. I am only 33 and am worried if I will still be walking when I am older.
My recent MRI results
Degenrative disc disease:

L2-L3: Mild ligamentum flavum hypertrophy without significant canal or foraminal stenosis.
L3-L4: Mild ligamentum flavum hypertrophy without significant canal or foraminal stenosis.
L4-L5: ilateral facet hypertrophy and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy without significant canal or foraminal stenosis.
L5-S1: Progression of disc desiccation. There is facet hypertrophy and disc bulding, slightly eccentric to the right, which results in moderate to advanced right neural foraminal stenosis. There is complete effacement of the fat surrounding the exiting right L5 nerve root.

My primary care dr did not act like this was a big deal. I have an apt with a neuro surgeon for my right foot Aug 26. I had a gangaling cyst removed on top of my right foot Oct 16, 2012 and it damaged a nerve that starts with a p on the right foot. My foot dr couldn't order the MRI for the neuro surgeon. Primary care dr had to and this is how I even got a back MRI. However, I decided I probably should get another one because soon after the wreck from my first MRI I have nerve damage to my right thigh area. It feels like a spider crawling on my leg and has a numbing feeling. IT IS ALFUL! Between the nerve damage, my neck & back pain and my migraines, I am really in a lot of pain.
Sonya
advertisement

Comments