Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello, I am Lyle 35m on disabillity and I have crushed discs and verts in lower and upper back. ;.( I am feeling really spaced out and not my self. I can feel muscle spasms making my neck really hurt. I am scared and nervous all the time. I have no one around me to really talk to. Basically all alone in pain and hell. But it makes my head feel numb. Well my whole body starts feeling numb if I try to get up and do anything. My doctors don't know what to do with me. I have had scans done. Then another big problem is my pain managment is 147 or so miles away and I am the only one that can drive. It feels like I need to be massaged down every day but have no one that can do it. Then I live so far out of town I have to be able to drive and lately I have been too scared to drive. I have a pump in me that puts dilaudid straight to my back so the ER will have nothing to do with me. Then top everything off I am reallllly over weight and feel hungry even when I shouldn't be hungry. But I am trying so hard to make my weight go down. Just really hard in this condition. I am so scared. Anyone? Please anyone have the same type of problem? Please? Hate being stuck in bed and no one to talk about this to.
My daily goal is to survive the pain

• Have you discussed the spasms with your pump doctor? They can add baclofen or another muscle relaxer into your pump to help ease the spasms.
    Are you seeing a surgeon to discuss your new symptoms with? If not, you may want to do that, and at least see what treatment options he offers for you, that you may not have had earlier.
    Do you have any family or neighbors who help you and come visit with you? A visiting nurse or home health aide? It might be good to look into those programs in your county as well so that you can get some basic necessities done and have someone to check in with you from time to time.
    I'm sure that others will be in your thread to say hi.