Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Long term back pain

My back pain started in 1995 & in May 1996 had L5-S1 discectomy in San Francisco. It was on the left side and did not help at all. During recovery had bad pain & had little meds until surgeon increased it. Since surgery have strange pain every other day &getting worse. Since 2002 started having muscle spasms on the left side and now getting worse. It is very tight & muscle relaxers do not stop it with dose recommended. Have tried every thing such as acupuncture, chiropractic, physical therapy. Pain clinics, & ten spinal injections by various doctors over past 18 years and little improvement. Recently I am very anxious & am taking the following meds: escitalopram, methocarbamol, fioricet (migraines), love station (cholesterol), loser tan, morphine ER, lamotrigine, famotidine (reflux), diazepam rectal, VPAP (apnea), &morphine IR (break thru pain the ext release does not cover). Now the old pain is usually in check, but the tightness seems to get worse and is scary for me. Does anyone have similar experience or know of something else that may help? I am getting tired and depressed after all this pain without any "good" days. Before 2002 at least could function on the better days, but now can only walk a block with cane and that only in the mornings. Both pain and tightness get worse & must lie down every day after walking.