Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pinched nerve at C6 9 weeks and still in agony

On Easter weekend this year I did some landscape gardening and stupidly dragged a half tonne bag of stones from my drive to my garden.
The next couple of days I started to develop pain on my left scapular and pain in my left arm.
The pain worsened and I then had spasms in my arm, chest and in my back.
I also have tingling and numbness in my thumb and middle finger.
I have visited the Doctors twice who said it was a trapped nerve in my neck and both sent me away with Naproxen and Codeine.
I have had 6 sessions of Chiro and also visited A&E 2 weeks ago as the pain was so bad I felt I needed to be scanned or X-Rayed but again I was sent away with pain killers.
I am now taking Tramadol which is helping but I am not feeling great when on them.
How long is this likely to last? I have been like this for 9 weeks and have been taking pain killers this whole time.
Its getting me down so much.
It’s been diagnosed as being a pinched nerve at C6.
I have also been icing and using heat which helps a little.
My job is desk based and sitting down is agonising.
Any advice would be welcomed!!