Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Questions and Answers L1 burst with L1 compression fractures.

March 8th 2014 I was the passenger in a car accident. I knew when I broke my back. I still kicked my door open and got my son to safety. After 13 hours I was put on the neuro floor in a back brace with assisted walking until I seen the surgeon. I had surgery on March 12th 2014 for I'm just 3 months out. I have bilateral rods and parallel rods with screws. T-10 to the junction of the T-12 & L1, the L2&L3 fused together then rods from there to the junction where it has a A5 plane. I had muscular damage prior to this car accident from a horse accident 10 years prior. I went through 5 hours of test on June 16th to find the fracture healed and i will have chronic pain. I was Black, Purple, Green and Pink all around where my seat belt was hence broken back. Is this normal..

I have a hard time moving my right leg at the end of the day. I cramp in my hips and low stomach and low back. I was loosing hair really bad but I cut it and it's slowing down. Depending on my cramps is whether I have bowel and bladder problems. Knives shoot down my thighs and sometimes my toes. I am a 36 year old female so I can't understand this. Above the rods in my shoulders burn up into my neck. I loose feeling in my butt and thighs if I sit too long and keeping up with my house is killing me. Help? Advice is this normal. I do have good days but this is challenging.