Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower right side of back - near tailbone (sciatica similarities)

Hoping someone here will share their experiences/knowledge of what I'm experiencing. I've been experiencing pain from what seems to be a troublesome nerve for roughly a year. I don't quite believe it to be the sciatica nerve as I only experience pain from the lower right side about two fingers over from my tailbone. It's pretty much an on/off thing, it does swell when I experience pain and could last anywhere from a week to maybe a month I believe. During that time I will have hard times walking, sitting and definitely sleeping. I've went to two separate physical therapists, the first therapist had only done techniques which were repetitive (ultrasound and isolated stretching) and I noticed I was only getting temporary relief. The second therapist noticed I wasn't getting any better than before, and at the time I was actually getting worse so he believed it to be a bone problem seeing the pain I was experiencing as he worked on me. Recommended to a D.O. I was told to take an MRI, note I had an x-ray a little more than 6 months before that, which came back negative. As of right now, the MRI came back negative with the only flaw that my right leg - injured leg is 1 mm shorter than the left.

I sneezed yesterday morning and definitely felt a bit of pain in the same area, later that same night I felt a bit of swelling. Today the swelling has subsided for the most part, but I still feel a weirdness in that area. The only recommendation I've had since the MRI is to try acupuncture. If anyone has experienced same symptoms and same results, or have ideas of what my injury is and how I could treat it, please let me know.

NOTE: My muscles have gotten extremely weak since my injury, talking about abductor muscles/hamstrings. I used to be a very active person that goes to the gym frequently, and I do understand my muscles will decrease overtime if I don't keep up with it, but my muscles had gotten weaker than the average being, I feel difficulties just doing simple leg lifts.