Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Foot/leg tingling but only back pain

Quick back story, I'm 32 and I had knee surgery last summer (was pretty routine, just cleaning out some loose debris). However the recovery was taking longer than I hoped and I probably played golf a little more quickly than I should have. Nearing the end of the round I had some severe pain in my lower right back and it would shoot pain over to my right hip. My back has often tightened up or been sore after physical activity but nothing like this. The rest of the summer I couldnt play as my back was really hurting. Took it easy all fall/winter. Didnt play again until a couple months ago. Pain has returned although maybe not quite as bad as last summer. Been doing some stretches and back exercises before each round hoping that would solve it.

Anyways about a month ago I started getting this odd sensation in left leg. Basically I felt as though my cell phone was vibrating in my pocket but it wasnt. This weird fluttering was inside my left thigh. Felt it for a few moments every few days. Then starting last week after a weekend of a lot of golf, I started getting this tingling feeling in my left foot as though it was falling asleep. Every day since I've noticed something. Sometimes my left foot feels like its falling asleep. Sometimes it feels really sore and tingling as though I've been on my feet all day. Sometimes I stand and I feel weird fluttering in my foot like blood is squeezing into it. Different areas of my left leg have been twitching here or there. Sometimes it almost feels like the blood isnt circulating as well as it should. And occassionally I'll have these same sensations in the right leg/foot but mostly on the left. Are these sensations something I would feel with a back injury? I've read that back pain can lead to some odd tingling sensations but again sometimes it feels as though the blood isnt flowing. Its very strange.

And the only pain I feel is in my lower right back. Sometimes its sharp and shoots to the right hip. Sometimes its dull and reaches down just above the butt. But it almost never travels down either leg. My knee doc set me up with a PT who I'm going to see on thursday so hopefully he'll provide me with some good exercises to work on the back. And hopefully he'll have some answers about the odd sensations. I suppose I'd just like to know if anyone here has experienced these odd sensations? Does this sound plausible with a back injury? Or is this unusual?