Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

lower back pain

i'm 33 year old male. relatively healthy although haven't been exercising for the past 6 months. i have been having lower back issues for about 4 months now. for a while at work ( i work for an artist) i was having to work on the floor hunched over putting together wooden stretcher bars for paintings...this probably went on for a couple of weeks several hours per day. also at home when using computer i just moved and did not have a computer desk chair so was using a deep seated living room chair that was much too short for desk that computer was on so i was often perched or squatted in chair to reach computer...i spend hours per day at my computer because i am an artist as well and use the computer to work. this probably went on for 3.5 to 4 months before i finally got a desk chair. these are the only significant changes i can think of with regards to my lower back discomfort...so now on to that

i feel a bit of tightness in my lower back...i feel it on the left and right side...it feels like pressure or tightness almost like it could be massaged out or popped and would feel better. i usually feel this every single day all day but sometimes it disappears for a few hours. i also experience extreme tightness in lower back when i stand up after i have been sitting for a while. sometimes it is actually hard to straighten up immediately after coming out of a sitting position (this usually occurs later in the day but doesn't happen everyday). i find that breathing in deeply and stretching my body as tall as i can with my arms in the air while breathing in deeply seems to alleviate the temporary tightness and discomfort when straightening when i stand up from a seated position. i am able to straighten up after only a few seconds but at this point my lower middle back still has that "out of socket" feeling. i can't tell precisely where the tightness is but it seems to be in the dead center of my lower back right above the coxyx area...the best i can describe the feeling is that it feels like its out of socket or something...i don't have any pain extending into my legs at all. there isn't any extreme sharp pain at all its more dull and subtle aching. i find myself constantly wanting to bend forward to relieve the pressure i feel in my lower back and when i do bend over to stretch it seems very tight. on my lower right side of my back there seems to be a pinched nerve or something it doesn't ever really bother me unless i turn or twist a certain way. the dull pain is noticeable like i said when standing for long periods without moving...and the other times it is obvious is when i stand up after sittting for periods of time.

recently on a flight from nyc to the bay area my coxyx area became very irritated while on the flight back to nyc. almost sore. i had to switch from sitting on my left side or right side because sitting balanced irritated that area and made it hard to be comfortable...this has happened maybe once or twice more in my life...wasn't excruciating pain just mild discomfort.

for the past week i have started jogging again because i feel like not exercising is making matters worse but i'm into day 4 or jogging 2 miles and doing yoga for back health as well as stretching and haven't much improvement. i thought it was much better the day after running for the first day but then day two seemed to be back to normal.

any help or advice would be appreciated.