Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Terrified - my doctor is away until next week but my Physio just gave me my MRI results

I am sitting here so bing my heart out writing this.

Last year, whilst 19 weeks pregnant, I was hit by a 4x4 who failed to stop at a stop sign. I wasn't in a car.

My baby is absolutely fine I crossed my arms over my bump upon impact ( he just turned 1) but a month later at 23 weeks, I ended up in ICU with a massive pulmonary embolism. We are both lucky to be here.

Ever since the accident, I've had bad neck pain. Last week, the insurance company finally approved for me to have an MRI on my neck.

My GP is on vacation until next Friday and today, I went to my Physio, who gave me my MRI results and told me to go and see my doctor.

Because of everything that happened last year - that I nearly died twice, I am TERRIFIED of something else going wrong.

This is my MRI results, I M hoping someone may perhaps be able to help me understand.

My Physio, basically said the osteophytes are narrowing my spinal cord? Which makes me think that I am going to end up in a wheelchair... Please help.

There is reduction of disc space at C5/C6 and broad posterior disc osteophyte at C6 nudges the anterior cord with moderate central canal stenosis but no focal cord signal or syrinx.

Neurocentral joint osteophytes are present causing moderate right and low grade left neural foraminal stenosis.

No comprehensive disco patchy, central canal or neural foraminal stenosis at other levels. No paraspinal soft tissue abnormality is seen.

Disc osteophyte and neurocentral joint osteophytes at c5/6 with moderate right foraminal stenosis likely contacting the right C6 nerve root.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    There is nobody on the site qualified or permitted to advice on a mri finding, but based on what you have been told, here are some links that may help you understand that condition.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • you the results of your MRI . That should have come from your doctor, or surgeon that ordered the test. Without someone to explain what all of those terms mean, causes alarm that you shouldn't have had to endure for the next week until your doctor comes back.
  • In my experience it is very common to receive your MRI, CT Scan, X-rays & such from the testing facility. I have for the past 6 or 7 years as well requested a CD of the MRI or CT Scan.
    That being said. Now you have the power to research what the report says. You can also look at your MRI pictures as well. The internet has opened up all kinds of medical research & papers to read.The National Institute of Health(NIH) has a lot. If your PCP(Primary Care Physician) see's something in the report he/she will send you to a Neurologist, Neurosurgeon or Ortho-surgeon.
    Your PCP is being proactive by sending you to PT. Hoping that this might help.

Like I said just do some searching & try to stay calm. Your PCP will walk you through all of this.

Also I am very glad that you & your baby are both doing fine after what could have been so much worse.
    Surgeries: 4/13 anterior channel vertebrectomy with strut graft C4-7 followed by ACDF C4-7
    Posterior cervical disc fusion C4-T1 with instrumentation and right bone iliac crest

Now Broken screws & fail fusion at the T1 level all other level fused
  • patient's, the physical therapist should not have gone over the report with her, prior to her seeing her doctor for followup. Not all people in the medical field are capable of provding accurate information regarding what is in an imaging study, let alone give accurate diagnostic or treatment information.