Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Desperate for any help

martyjommartyjo Posts: 57
edited 07/20/2014 - 3:33 PM in Lower Back Pain
I've had two back surgeries and I'm fused l2-s1 with the last surgery 2012 fusion l2-3 and hardware removal of previous hardware.
Now, 2014 I'm 5 weeks or so with the most agonizing pain in my low back, right butt and right hip as well as spasms in the upper mid back region. I believe I hurt my back 5 weeks ago when I stepped into a hole and jarred my back?
I waited 3 weeks and then went to PT. PT has not helped. I spent this past week in sheer agony. I gave e Norco 7.5 for pain but it does nothing . I take Aleve 2-3 a day as well as Skelaxin.No help. I called my doctors office and they say he does not have a time space long enough to fit me in and I'd have to wait 2 weeks more. I can't take this pain. I don't even know what it is. I thought piriformis syndrome but Pt did not think that.
It feels like someone is actually shredding or manually separating my butt muscles from my hip. I'm beyond myself with this pain. I also have lidocaine patches which I plaster myself with for some minimal relief.
Has anyone ever had this before, if so what helped?

• You can try ice, heat, OTC creams, and continue with stretches. A heating pad can help with the spasms. You can ask about purchasing a TENS unit. It helps with my spasms and gives me mild pain relief. I'm always trying to find ways to divert my attention away from the pain. You can try soaking in a hot bath. Some find essential oils helpful. There is only so much you can do until you see your Dr.

I hope you get some relief.
    Progressive DDD
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
    Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
    Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014