Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SI Joint problems

I'm not new to the forums,just my first time posting.
Abit of history...6 yrs ago had first back surgery.Laminectomy at L5S1.
4 yrs ago had my second back surgery at L5S1.I had rods/screws and a plate put in.

Here's my problem[actually even before my last surgery]
I was working cleaning houses.One day i bent down and felt a "click" or "catch"
and thought i wasn't going to be able to stand back up.
I ended up needing to stop working.Almost a year later,i had surgery.[plate.screws and rods inserted]

I no longer feel that catch or click i referred to but have been on a merry go round ever since with what i have referred to as a bruised feeling on my lower rgt side.If someone pokes me in a certain spot[later told this was my SI joint]
I would grab their hand and almost jump to the ceiling!

I recently had my 2nd SI joint.I have been laying off the pain meds so i could actually see if the shots are working or not.
I'm AMAZED at the results so far...I haven't been able to go w/out a pain pill for a few hours, in years!
Here is my question.I would like to know how many people here have had the Radio Frequency Abiation done to stop SI joint pain?Has it worked for you and about how long does it last?
My doctor said if the 2nd injection worked,this would be the next step.

• GamGam, no advice on how well it works, but just a heads up...be sure to check your insurance coverage as my insurance (Aetna) considers that experimental and will not pay out on the procedure...but does cover ablations in lumbar area

Good luck and glad you're feeling better