Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

edited 07/23/2014 - 5:45 PM in Chronic Pain
So first of all, Hey everyone!

This is my first Forum entry ever, so please bear with me.

Let me start off telling you all a bit about myself. I'm 25 years old, Male 6'1" and 135lbs. Lanky fellow. This all started when I was around 19 years old. I had started noticing some odd "Hot Wire" sensation coming from the base of my skull (C1) down my neck going into my right arm. I honestly didn't think much of it for a while since I had been in a car wreck, played football all my childhood and a sever freak trampoline accident that involved a double front flip that I tried to do by landing on my knees and needless to say my neck took the brunt of the fall. Well after that episode of 3 years I started working offshore where I fell a short distance off of an "I" beam and landed on another "I" beam onto my lower back, to which I didn't report to the supervisor and I kept trying to work since I only had 2 days left on location. I get home and I started having the same "Hot wire" sensation shoot down my left buttocks and it ran all the way down to about my knee and kind of dissipated going farther down. So a few weeks of dealing with both I decided to see a chiropractor. First mistake in my opinion. we took some x-rays and he noticed my lumbar section didn't have the curve it was supposed to have. So a few weeks of seeing him on a certain day he was doing the pressure pushes on the table with me and all of a sudden I screamed for him to stop. I had to get my wife to help me to the truck. The following day we made an appointment with my family doctor and he did his exam, sent me to get an MRI, which the first one came back inconclusive. So I went again. I went back to my family doctor to discuss what was going on. He told me that he didn't see anything wrong. Wrote me prescription for pain meds, muscle relaxers and Meloxicam then sent me on my way. (I don't even NEED to go into detail on the fact that I was only 22 at the time and he was treating me like I was drug searching). I hated taking the medications because they made me extremely tired feeling and un motivated. So that being said that he didn't find anything wrong I was asked to keep coming up there to see him every 3 months for "Blood work" to make sure my meds weren't making any of my internals EDITED up. (Which I know he was doing the blood test to also test me for drugs and to make sure I had the meds in my system). So I started having this muscle pulling feeling in my lower back and neck along with what started feeling like sand in between my vertebrae. So I told the doctor about them on a visit and he kind of blew it off as if I was making stuff off. so I complained about it until he sent me to a neuro surgeon who basically made me lift his hand with my left leg and touched some spots on my arms fingers toes and stuff that I know are all nerve endings from specific spots from your spine. The guy just sort of laughed at me and smirked while he said "Sir, your spine is healthy, there is nothing wrong with you." I bit my tongue and got the hell out of there and immediately went back to my family doctor and told him how I was treated and made fun of. Once again he just kind of blew it off, wrote me my prescription and sent me on my merry little way. Well here is the kicker. When you leave this clinic, they have a deal called IRIS. Its a deal where they print you out a patient update sheet showing all of your visits, when you were diagnosed with something and when you were prescribed something. Ive been seeing him for a few years now with him giving me these pain pills to manage this chronic pain condition, to which on my IRIS sheet there had been NO DIAGNOSIS FOR MY CONDITION. Up until a few months ago. I noticed on the paper when I left the clinic that there was, Facet Hypertrophy, Spinal stenosis, Herniated disc, Sciatica and several other Spine related ailments. I haven't asked him as to why he has put this on there just recently and why he hasn't tried to give me any other help other than just writing me a prescription for the meds. I mean theres physical therapy, acupuncture and all kinds of things. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that they tried to do a nerve block that was not successful at ALL. On top of that while he was giving me the injection noticed a large black mole/mark on my lower back that I was told to get looked at which later on was removed by a plastic surgeon for full biopsy that turned out to be cancerous. And I had to go back and they had to cut out a HUGE part of my muscle leaving a scar that looks like I was attacked by a great white.

So overall i'm pretty bummed out that the events of some doctors thinking I was drug searching, giving me pills to ease the pain, has just about turned me into a full blown addict to the things. I sit here and curse at myself for even taking the things in the first place because im so tolerant to them that I have to sometimes take more that whats prescribed. Not an ungodly amount but he has me taking 2 10/325mg Norco's per day and sometimes I have to take an extra one at lunch because of the first one of the day wears off so fast and Tylenol and ibuprofen wont even touch it. So every time I get about 5 or 6 days from getting another prescription I run out and feel like I have the flu and I ache worse than before even taking them at all.

But the Title of this discussion is help because i'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same symptoms like i'm having with the hot wire feeling, pulling cramping feeling muscles, sand feeling in the joints, numbness in the fingertips, my eyesight is going blurry and I can actually see my capillaries in my eyes pulsating a lot with my heartbeats, I have symptoms of raynauds syndrome with this as well, shooting pains near my elbows, the ball of my foot, my back feels like there is notches in it and when I move it feels like they are clicking into place, not a popping sound as if your popping it though. MY hair is falling out which I think Is due to the pain meds. My hips are constantly feeling like they are going to pop out of socket. And im not a hypochondriac, I know what I feel. Its not like i'm assuming there is something wrong because even with my pain meds that HOT WIRE feeling persists and continues to randomly jump out at me. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm tired of being treated like a drug head when I go into the clinic. Maybe they aren't treating me like that and it is all in my head because that not the way I want to be viewed because of my siblings history with being that way.

But if anyone on here is able to answer my question as to what might be the cause of this crazy unexplainable pain, please let me know. I feel like im alone here and that I have no one to talk to about it because lets face it. No one likes to listen to a whiner, I can't even talk to my wife about it because she gets irritated with me that I have something wrong going on.

I'm sorry if I sound like a raving lunatic, but being this young I have a lot on my mind and a lot to talk about. I'll leave this discussion with a "Thank you for your time, if your reading this you are amazing, if you can help me out with an answer you are a godsend because my own doctor can't tell me whats going on." I appreciate any help and information that I can get.

Thank you all

Edited for inappropriate forum language. Foul language is not permitted on Spine Health.