Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need help with ct results

Is there anyone out there that can help me understand my ct report. I am not seeing the doctor for weeks and they will not tell me anything until then.

It states:
L2-L3: Mild broad based disk bulge. No significant central or neural foraman.

L3-L4: Broad based annular disk bulge. Mild degree of ligamentum flavum hypertrophy. Can not exclude a small amount of left neural foraminal narrowing secondary to slight interval increase in broad based disk bulge. Patent right neural foraman.

This one gets me cause it states issue with the disk but that disk was removed in august 2013. Looks like the fusion that was done there didnt take.

L4-L5: Broad based annular disk bulge. Although there is a small amount of streak artifact from surrounding hardware, there is a patent central canal and bilateral neural foramen.

L5-S1: Broad based annular disk bulge which results in a mild degree of bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. No significant central canal stenosis.

Any help to understand this would be very appreciated.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,863
    but there is no one medically qualified to provide input based on any diagnostic test.

The forum rules also prohibit members from asking for diagnostic analysis and from giving it.

5.13 You agree not to ask for any analysis or interpretation of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.),
    5.14 You agree not to respond to any request for analysis of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.)

But there are keywords on any diagnostic reports that are important

MILD - Like many others, probably physical therapy and some medicatoins can handle
    MODERATE - Have to take this more seriously. If there are no action plans in place (treatments) this could get worse
    SEVERE - Ok, you have some problems that need to be addressed

Take those words and match it up against your report. This will give you a gross overview of the situation. Still, the bottom line winds up with the doctor that ordered the MRIs for you. They need to give you (in detail for everyone to understand) what your situation is and what their recommendations are.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • hawk057hhawk057 Posts: 76
    edited 07/28/2014 - 6:51 PM
    Speak with your GP. They should have told you to schedule a follow up. If not do so anyways. I have some experience with the medical field so I understood most of mine myself but there was some I didnt understand so I made an appt with my GP to get the results explained and plan of treatment.
  • Do you have the actual films in your possession? Or sometimes they give you them on a compact disc. If not, you could get them. I mean they are yours, no? You could shop those around to another surgeon.
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • I have a appoitment but its not for 3 weeks. they wont tell me anything till then. I want to make sure that I am not going to do something to make it worse.
    I have every CT, Xray, and MRI as well as all of the reports.
  • Have you tried to call your family doctor and ask them? They usually should give you a brief explanation. THis is a long process so there isnt much rush. Just relax and try and take care of yourself until you see the doctor. Limit what hurts your back but dont stop moving altogether or it might make things worse
  • I am trying to just relax and take it easy. Its hard just knowing what is going on in there.
  • I was in the same position only I had to wait 8 months to finally get an MRI/Xray etc I was in the UK and NHS refused to do anything so had to wait til I got back to the states.