Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Caudia equina

llfoster22lllfoster22 Posts: 14
edited 08/08/2014 - 6:19 AM in Lower Back Pain
Just had MRI for ongoing back pain following fusion l3 and l4 2 years ago. This MRI shows severe compression of nerve root at S1. And mild caudia equina. My PCP thinks conservative treatment but my physiatrist who is giving me injections in spine every three months says to contact neurosurgeon. I called and got an appt for late September. Neurosurgeon did not get copy on MRI. Every thing I read says caudia equina is a medical emergency. Need you thoughts please?.

• I would call the office again and talk to the Drs nurse and state your MRI is showing caudia equin
    If you get nowhere have your PCP contact neurosurgeon
    It is a medical emergency
    Worst case go sit at Drs office with report and MRI on disc
    Hope this helps
    You need to take the bull by the tail with this one
    My prayers and good wishes are with you
    Fell 11ft 2007 numerous fractures broken arm, 4 head bleeds.
    Nerve blocks, tried stimulator, acupuncture, massage, numerous injections, nerve blocks. Ect. Vitamins
    2011 laminectomy, april 4. 2014 Fusion l5-S1. PLIF
  • pinkfloydpinkfloyd Posts: 70
    edited 08/08/2014 - 6:18 AM
    i have some of the symptoms of CES and have been told to leave well alone.. EDITED

Post edited for medical advice
    5.12 You agree that any information, opinions or other content provided by doctors or patients on Spine-health.com forums is for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical diagnoses or treatment. Always consult with a physician for any health problem or medical condition.
    5.06 You agree not to post information that is considered to be formal medical advice.

• Cauda Equina is a severe compression of the spinal canal nerves contained in the thecal sac of the lumbar spine. THAT condition is considered a surgical emergency. The longer that those nerves in the thecal sac remained compressed, the more potential for the damage to those nerves to become permanent.
    Severe foraminal stenosis is the compression of a nerve root where it exits between the vertebral levels........
    If there is a diagnosis of Cauda Equina Syndrome on the report, you need to contact the surgeon's office again, and advise them of that result, and be seen sooner than September.

Cauda Equina Syndrome