Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Here, Too long with chronic pain

Hello! In 2007 I injured my back L5-S1. I knew it was a bad injury immediately. I've suffered from back pain since I was about 12 yrs old. I was 32 yrs old with an awesome career that I loved and I had just moved half way across the country to be closer to my family. I had a 1 yr old girl and a 2- almost 3 yr old boy. I wanted my kids to know their grandparents like I did growing up. So after a few months of conservative treatments I finally agreed to a micro discectomy. BTW, I AMA healthcare professional. I recovered very quickly post op no more intense rt leg sciatica. After 2 days of being home, I bent at the waist to pick up a dress off the floor...Instant POP and I felt dizzy, sweaty and more sever pain than I ever imagined. I called my surgeons office and told the nurse, she blew me off! A few days later I saw the surgeons NP, she said I didn't look like I was in pain and I should get some Tylenol and go home. She did however decide to humor me and order an MRI. Imaging was my specialty. I managed to get my appt moved to same day and went to the hospital the next day to review it with a Rad that was a friend. He couldn't believe how awful it looked. It was the weekend and I was so upset by my surgeons nurse and NP I paged him. He looked at the MRI and scheduled me for redo the following week. When I woke he said it was worse than MRI showed. But he fixed it. I was painfree for a week then stretching gently I instantly had sciatica back, so onward to L5-S1 fusion. Blah, blah sorry I could write a book. Fast forward. Currently I have undergone 10 surgeries to include C5-6-7 fusion, multiple rt arm surgeries. Rt radial tunnel entrapment was missed for over a year. March 2014 I needed L4-5 fusion. Old hardware removal, L4-5 foraminal stenosis and the instant I woke after 7 hrs of surgery my bilateral leg pain was gone. It was the 1st time in 7 years that my right leg wasn't killing me. Two wonderful months I was relatively painfree. :). Off all drugs by choice, walking 6 miles per day per MD loving life again. Started working at light duty and now AUg 2014. I'm I severe pain again!!! One pedicle screw has looked progressively worse on X-rays. I'm waiting for a CT and 99% sure another surgery ! Ugh. I almost feel like those 2 months were a cruel joke :((((
L5-S1 micro x2, L5-S1 fusion, ACDF C5-7, Anterior and posterior cervical fusion C4-7, plus 4 right arm surgeries:(