Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe thoracic and neck pain, MRI results

TerlynTTerlyn Posts: 2
edited 08/04/2014 - 9:12 PM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
had c4-c7 fusion in 2012. Several months ago neck pain worsened again along with severe shoulder blade pain. At this time was also having cortisone injections for disc propulsion in lumbar area and nerve ablation to 6 nerves in lumbar spine.
Pain dr kept thinking thoracic and neck pain was related to previous neck problems and lumbar problems. He also ordered PT which didn't really help.
Finally talked to nurse practioner and she ordered cervical MRI. I asked her to do thoracic but she wanted to do cervical since that's where my problems were before.
The cervical MRI showed the top part of the thoracic area:
C7-T1 asymmetric severe left side facet arthropathy with associated marrow edema
Increase in size of a disc protrusion posterior to T1vertebral body with mild impingement of the ventral cord
Disc extrusion at T2-3 with mild impingement of ventral cord
Disc extrusion at T4-5 causing mild impingement of ventral cord

Since this was just a cervical MRI, that is all that shows. I see the surgeon next week that did my neck and I'm sure he will order a complete thoracic MRI.

I know surgery is rare on the thoracic area, but the cord Impingement although mild concerns me, also what they may find on the entire thoracic area.

I love my surgeon at EDIT that did my neck but not sure if they do thoracic surgeries there or not.

Any advice or thoughts?

Post edited to remove name of specific medical facility. by Liz The Spine-Health Moderator Team