Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cervical stenosis and bulging disc

Can anyone help me to understand my mri a little better. I've been having upper back and neck pain for awhile now, about six years and its getting more frequent. Its upper back and neck pain going down my right arm and it also pulls in the chest. I have what i call wasp stings in my arms and sometimes the legs. I have muscle spasms and knots in my neck. And my lower legs and feet also cramp alot. Im in the care of a neuro surgeon and i just had carple tunnel surgery on both hands in the last month...this is how my mri reads...
Straightening of the normal of the normal lordosis.
C2-c3 disc is unremarkable. The c3-c4 is unremarkable. No stenosis. At c4-c5 there is a minor 2 mm broad base disc osteophyte complex with only minimal effacment of the ventral thecal sac. No signicant central stenosis. There is minimal foramial stenosis.
At c5-c6 there is a broad base disc bulge asymmetric to the right side with posterior osteophyte. The disc bulge on the right side measures up to 3-4 mm in posterior extent. It effaces the ventral thecal sac. It comes close to and may just barely contact the ventral aspect of the cord with mild to moderate central stenosis. There is moderate right foraminal stenosis and mild left foraminal stenosis.
At c6-c7, there is diffuse loss of disc height. There is a diffuse broad base disc bulge asymmetric, much worse on the right side than the left. It measures up to 4 mm in posteriot extent. Central stenosis is moderate with the AP diameter of the canal narrowed to 7 mm. Foraminal stenosis is moderate bilaterally.
At c7-t1, there is a very mild 2-3 mm broad base disc bulge with only minimal central stenosis and no foraminal stenosis.

Thank you for any advice.