Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lumbar Bulging Discs

I'm 17 years old and I was involved in a car accident about two months ago. I started physical therapy and about after a month the physiatrist told me that since it wasn't helping I shouldn't continue to receive the therapy. It begin with lower back pain and then pain in my left buttock and I began to have a burning sensation down my leg. So I walk with a limp I'm assuming due to leg weakness. I went to the E.R. and the neurosurgeon said that my x-ray wasn't normal so he recommended an MRI for my cervical and lumbar spine. So I went to the recommended neurosurgeon and he said that everything was normal it was just due to muscle spasms and that I should exercise. But later I found out that my cervical was normal, but the lumbar spine MRI showed bulging disc. And I have all the symptoms such as numbness, tingling, muscle weakness etc. None of the medicines such as naproxen, cyclobenzaprine, or topical gels have worked. I think the doctor may have forgotten to look at the lumbar MRI because bulging discs are not normal in a 17 year old, especially when I have all of the symptoms. But my neurological reflexes seem to be normal like when they hit the knee and I can stand on my toes even though they are numb. The MRI showed no nerve compression, but it was a lying down MRI. Has anyone else had this problem?