Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic lower and upper back pains

I have injured myself in a way that has left me with a crack in my L5 and C3 that pierces into my central nerve. I have been living with a pain i have never experienced in my entire life up until that point. On top of pains that come and go. My coordination has changed. I no longer feel like i have normal control of my mobility below my waste or in my neck area. I have been taking all sorts of vitamins and drinking lots of water. I try to expose myself to the sun while the weather is nice as well. So i have been living a healthy lifestyle. Yet my immune system seems to be in trouble as well. I'm curious if the injuries i have sustained my jeopardize my immune system like it has my coordination. The last neurologist i spoke to said it ma be possible yet everyone's nervous system is different and its hard to say. Another Doctor has said there should be no pains or disorientations. And that it is all in my head. Another says its Orthopedic related. And my primary care says my MRI's verify the points of the cracks can cause awful pains when moving. However there is no way to take an MRI in motion to verify this. My Neurologist also verified the pains are in a sensitive area that needs to heal. It has been over two years now since i have been living with this. I have been unable to participate and life as i once did and have to keep focused on a new direction in life. It has been very difficult for me to relate to anyone because of this. I am only 32 years old and i feel i have sacrificed my entire body. I was told the injury i have is to close to my central nerve. Laser surgery could burn the nerve. Yet the pains and the coordination's problems are just near unbearable. It's been wearing me out over time. I have kept a strong attitude towards recovery. And i still try to maintain it. Some nights i will wake up because my spine jiggles and pops. Sometimes its painful. Sometimes it feels like i have been stabbed. Sometimes it feels like a rubber band had been pulled then released against my inner muscles. I came here because i am still looking for a solution. I once was in good shape. And now i feel as if my body is struggling to keep up.