Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

sleeping on floor? (c6/7 disc extrusion)

Hi, just as an introduction I have a 7 mm right sided disc extrusion that has resulted in impingement of the root nerve and severe foraminal stenosis. For the last 7 months I have been in a world of pain -- one of the nerve medications I am taking seems to help but I still have very good days and very very bad days.

I had a medical professional mention to me that it might beneficial to try sleeping on the floor for a few weeks/months to see if that helps relieve some of my symptoms. I sleep on a very soft mattress and my pain is always at its absolute worse whenever I wake up in the mornings. I am curious if anyone has tried something this simple and seen positive results.

if so I was going to go out and get some extra floor pads/blankets & make myself a nice little pallet in my living room or something & then I can camp out there for a while. to be honest with all the nostalgia involved and memories of floor camp outs from when I was a kid, it almost sounds fun! not sure my girlfriend will agree...

any experiences would be helpful!

• I slept on the floor for a few months when I was 17 when my first disc ruptured. I was able to obtain pain relief with this and with the exercises I was given. Over the years as the pain and disc disease got worse, we invested in a latex foam bed and that seems to have helped me greatly.
  • thanks for the feedback dlawson -- i've tried it a couple of nights now and I think I can really get used to it! not only is it sort of fun, but I really think it helps me to feel more stabilized, which is a big comfort when you're having these sorts of problems.

anyone else have any info for feedback?