Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question for the Ladies

Ladies - do you notice an increase in your pain/soreness during various parts of your cycle?? I have been keeping an eye on my symptoms over the past three months since my surgery and have noticed that my muscles tend to get really sore at a certain point in my cycle, even though I have done nothing different or extra. Wondering if hormones are affecting either my actual muscles/nerves or if my tolerance to the pain decreases during this time?

• HybridhattieHHybridhattie Posts: 72
    edited 08/15/2014 - 6:29 PM
    Yes indeed I do! About a week before my period,I notice everything hurts more. The last two days are the worst and I get emotional too. As soon as my period starts I'm like a new woman so I think it's definitely hormone related.
    I suppose we just have to try and take it easy and know that it soon passes.... For another few weeks anyway!
    Gotta keep smiling.
    DDD. Married,Mum of 2, Age 45: 2007 & 2008 L5/S1 Discectomy
    April 2013 L5/S1 Anterior Fusion
    & L4/L5 Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Hello,
    I agree completely with the above comment. I also get worse a week before my period and especially moody and more depression and pain two to three days before it starts. It also seems like my medication stops working during that week.

I get huge relief after my period starts. Although I have very bad cramps for a day or two, I still get relief from the irritability,
    Mood swings and depression once it starts.

I have been skipping a month sometimes. I still get all the symptoms and it feels like I am going to start but then it just goes away. The next month after skipping a cycle is almost unbearable. I have to get through it hour by hour. So- yes, this is also happening with me. I read that my pain medication can cause this. I take MS Contin.
    God Bless all of us who are suffering with chronic pain and chronic health conditions.
    With Love and compassion,
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    edited 08/17/2014 - 1:46 PM
    In fact you'll think I'm out of my mind, but the monthly cramping made my already present back pain worse. With that, and a family history of gyne cancers, my gyne agreed to a laproscopic hysterectomy this past March at age 47. I retained one ovary to stave off early menopause. I can honestly say my low back is much better. In fact I think the cramping was extending beyond 7 days to more like 10 days. One night in the hospital and felt better rather quickly. I sometimes forget it was only 6 mo ago!
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos