Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Doctor says nothing is wrong on mri can anyone help?

rkulorrkulo Posts: 2
edited 08/24/2014 - 6:24 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi everyone I'm desperate for some help in why I'm still in so much pain. The pain is ruining my life right now and I'm not getting any answers. A little about my past is about 7 years ago I had a laminectomy done due to spinal stenosis then in 2009 my doctor found a fracture so he did a dynamic fusion for support and because I had two herniated discs. After that I started having si joint issues but I held off si joint fusion for two years until one day I fell over and was knocked out cold for a couple minutes. That was due to my si joints being unstable so in 2012 I had both si joints fused. In 213 I had another surgery to relieve pressure on my bladder nerve because I was having bowel problems. Now I'm in so much pain I can't take it anymore I just had an mri and the doctor told me he didn't see why I'm in so much pain. Can anyone tell me if something from my mri report might point out why I'm in so much pain?

Three are pedicure screws within L4 bilateral, L5 on the right - sided, and S1 bilaterally. There also screws within both sacroiliac joints. The surgical hardware creates regional artifact with a partial obstruction of the subarticular recesses and neural forminal.

T12-L1: the disc space is mildly narrowed. No significant protruding disc or onerous encroachment on the canal.

L1-L2: the disc space is mildly narrowed. No significant protruding disc or osseous encroachment on the canal.

L2-3: the disc space is normal. Mild narrowing of the central canal which is congenital. Mild bilateral neural forminal stenosis is noted due to facet hypertrophy abd vertebral ridging.

L3-4: the disc space is normal. No significant central canal or gross evidence of subarticular recess stenosis. There is moderate left and right neural forminal stenosis.

L4-5: disc space is mildly narrowed and desiccated. The patient had had a laminectomy. Small disc spur protrusion but no significant central canal. Abnormal signal is in the right subarticular recess and right - side of the central canal. This partially obscures right L5 nerve root.

L5-S1: the disc space is Normal. Right hemilaminotomy. Abnormal signal is in the right subarticular recess and right side of the central canal. This obscures right S1 nerve root. Bilateral milf neural forminal stenosis

Thanks for any advice
Rick kulokoski